Every year, millions of people from around the world visit Canada, to enjoy the many opportunities our country has to offer, including visiting family and friends.
Before you plan your visit, you should find out whether you need a visa to enter Canada or not.
Regardless of the visa requirement, you still must meet some specific requirements, such as:
• have a valid travel document, such as a passport,
• be in good health,
• convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country,
• convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit, and
• have enough money for your stay. (The amount of money you will need can vary. It depends on things like how long you will stay, and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives.)
You may also need a:
• temporary resident (visitor) visa, depending on your citizenship,
• medical exam and
• letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.